Wednesday, March 9, 2011

TAKE ACTION: Ask Your Senator To Vote No On HB 191

Keep In-State Tuition For All Utah Residents
Contact Your Senator And Tell Them To Oppose
H.B. 191, "Nonresident Tuition Waiver Amendments"

HB 191, would amend Utah's current law allowing for students to pay instate tuition if they attend and graduate from a Utah high school. The amended bill would require students to provide proof of filing state income tax, even though many families might not earn enough to be required to file taxes. Please contact your Senator and encourage them to oppose this bill.
Talking Points:
Utah's current law is critical to promoting fundamental fairness in access to public higher education for talented, high achieving young people who are able to gain admission to our public colleges and universities, regardless of their immigration status.

No comments:

Post a Comment